Crowdfunding tips: Build support via email
You have your idea for your new business start-up, community project or venture and have decided that crowdfunding is way to go, but have you investigated crowdfunding tips on how to use email to gain support?
You know that you need a video, some cool images, a compelling story and are about to brainstorm your rewards. You also know you need to reach your target audience with your campaign and have your social media channels ready. However, make sure you do not forget the slightly “old fashioned” way of reaching out to people …. email !!
An email database may sound a bit passé but it should still be a core element of your crowdfunding campaign strategy – and one that you should start working on from day one. It has been reported that about 40% of pledging on crowdfunding campaigns is driven from email.
If you are planning a crowdfunding campaign with ReadyFundGo, we have compiled a list of 15 crowdfunding tips to help you start building your email database today:
- Email signature – pre crowdfunding campaign include a link that leads people to a landing page where they can sign up to your mailing list.
- Re-fresh old emails lists – although it sounds counterintuitive, remove people from your database or allow them to reduce the messages they receive. You might consider in some cases even running an opt-in campaign. You can remove everyone who does not opt-in to create a clean e mail list. These people are likely to be more engaged and rejuvenated.
- Promote an online competition and request that entrants submit using their e mail address.
- Spend time to create an engaging subject line of your email Make the heading is intriguing. avoid the words “Please donate” or “Please help me” as this tends to turn people off.
- Host in-person events such as meet-ups, conferences, hackathons, educational workshops and collect registrations online using their email address
- Create amazing content. Today your content needs to be amazing if you want people to engage. Take action such as forward your emails to their family, friends and colleagues who may not already be on your email list.
- Email signature – during your campaign Include an attractive image and a link to your crowdfunding page in your e mail signature so that it is seen every time you email.
- Sharing and forwarding your emails Encourage your existing subscribers to share and forward your emails by including a social sharing button. In your marketing campaigns, add a “E mail to a Friend” button.
- Subscribe buttons At the bottom of your emails, include a “Subscribe” as a simple text-based link. This is so that the people who have received the forwarded email from a friend or through social sharing can easily opt-in.
- Create a new lead generation offer Where you can create a free eBook or whitepaper you can require visitors to provide their email address in order to download it.
- Host an online webinar Use registration for your webinar as a means of collecting email addresses.
- Add a QR code to your traditional print marketing collateral so that people are able to scan the code to opt in to your email database.
- Utilise your YouTube channel to create sign-ups by adding calls-to-action within your videos.
- Collect email addresses at networking events in the traditional way. Then ensure that you actually add these contacts to your database rather than leave them in a pile. Ensure that you send a welcome email to get their opt-in.
- Guest blogging opportunities Remember to include a call-to action asking readers to subscribe to your site’s blog or newsletter next to your name as the author.
Most of these 15 crowdfunding tips to grow your email database can be started today and are not complicated or difficult …. it “just” takes discipline and of course some time.
Work at attacking the problem of increasing good quality sign-ups from all corners.
Once you have the database, you can then work on how to take these initial leads through the sales funnel. Fine-tune how to convert them into sales-ready leads and conversions.
Good luck with building your database! You’ll find better odds by embracing the value of email amongst maze of social media channels available to crowdfunding campaign creators.