How To Manage Your Updates
Campaign updates are essentially brief messages that you can send to your supporters, followers, and display on your campaign page. They can contain such things as important shipping dates, launch announcements, and details of your projects progress. They are a great way to increase engagement.
First, to start let’s define a few words:
Followers: These are people that have opted to get updates from you on your campaign by clicking the ‘follow’ button on your campaign page.
Supporters: These are people that have made a pledge for your campaign and are to receive a reward.
Campaign Page: This is where all the public info related your campaign is displayed. There is a tab called ‘updates’ where your updates all display, with the most recent at top.
A few important considerations:
- Your ‘Followers’ have yet to pledge. This means the way you engage with them should contrast to your ‘Supporters’.
- When you post an update to your followers and or supporters, they receive it as an email.
- If you select to have it appear on your campaign page, it will appear at the top of the ‘Updates’ tab.
- You cannot edit your updates once they have been sent. We recommend you test a preview first by sending to yourself and others that can help.
- You can add images to your posts.
- Updates can be sent before, during, and after a campaign has ended. It’s a great way to pre promote by building the story, keeping in touch with fans, releasing rewards detail and shipping info, and telling your audience about the progress of your project.